Feel like having the flu? Please touch your eyes, nose and mouth as little as possible. And cough and sneeze into your elbow.
More people have flu. In the last two years there was less flu. Probably because of the measures against corona.
Flu usually starts with a high fever. You can feel very sick. You often have a cough and a sore throat. Sometimes corona is the cause of flu-like symptoms. Get tested for corona.
Flu usually goes away by itself. However, some people do get very sick from the flu.
Tips to prevent catching or spreading the flu virus
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Touch your eyes, nose and mouth as little as possible.
- Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Use paper tissues to blow your nose and throw them away immediately.
Advice on flu-like symptoms
- Drink 1.5 to 2 litres of fluids per day.
- Get some rest. There is no need to stay in bed.
- Do not exercise or train if you have a fever.
If you are severely affected by flu symptoms, please book a video-based consultation with a HelloDoc Health doctor. Our certified and experienced multilingual doctors can help you with the correct diagnosis, treatment advice and prescription of medicines.
We are here to help you!